Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What now...

Well they say change is good.  It keeps you fresh and on point.  People say you never want to be stagnant. 
      Stagnant:
1. not flowing or running, as water, air, etc.
2. stale or foul from standing, as a pool of water.
3. characterized by lack of development, advancement, or progressive movement
 
Well I am breaking away from stagnation.  I turned in my letter of resignation to my job.  I have been a high school social studies teacher for a year and a half.  I love teaching and helping children but because of new administration that is no longer possible at my school.  I am breaking away from this lack of development, advancement and progressive movement and moving on to the next step in my life.  What that next step is....I wish I knew.  I have a few ideas but I'm putting it in the big man's hands.  A side of me wants to do something drastic like move to another country or out on the west coast but another side of me wants to move back close to home.  I am very split as to what I really want to do.  I feel like I'm becoming an adult because my decisions are becoming a whole lot more rational.  I am freaking 24 but I still got many years and don't want to be locked down. 
     I have really came to the realization over the past few months that whatever I do and wherever it is I am going to be happy.  I am not going to stay in any situation where I am not truly happy whether that is a job, city, relationship, or whatever.  You can keep all the money in the world, all I want is happiness.  No matter what I do or where my life goes you can bet that I am going to be somewhere where I smile at work.  I am going to be able to see and enjoy the blessings that the big guy has put in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment